This 5 hour private guided tour will be an exploration of the the Chablais vineyards and the Chateau of Aigle which houses the Vine and Wine Museum. With a guided tour of the castle, wine tastings with your personal wine guide as well as a tasting at a unique winery; this will be an excursion to remember. Whether you're an oenophile or simply enjoy the scenic pleasures of vineyards and stunning surroundings this will be a cherished memory.
We depart from your hotel or if conveniant our guide will pick you up from the Vevey or Montreux train stations. Will have a brief welcome and then start our tour, passing by the Chateau de Chillon with numerous fascinating factoids and onwards to the medieval town of Aigle where we will enjoy our first visit and wine tastings.
Located between the Alps chain and the Lake of Geneva, the Chateau de Aigle sits prominently upon a famed vineyard. This fairy tale castle offers an incredible sensation & history, which your guide will elaborate on. The surrounding vineyards produce red and white wines, essentially Chasselas, Gamay and Pinot, under the controlled origin appellation Aigle AOC.
During our brief trip our guide will discuss the wine making of the Riviera and Chablais area, its history and evolution so you have a general understanding of the region.
Our first stop will be a private guided tour of the Chateau de Aigle, which has reigned supreme since the end of the 12th century and is now the Vine and Wine Museum. Interactive and fun for all ages, our first on site wine tasting will be directly in the Chateau wine cellar.
Following our visit and depending on the amount of time you wish to spend in the castle, guests will have a choice to visit the beautiful surroundings of the castle. Our guide will be able to provide a unique insight into the history of Aigle , from the Bronze Age to the Roman domination.
From the Aigle castle we will go to a family managed historical winery. presenting some of the best wines of the Swiss Chablais region
The trip goes back in a leisurely mode, so you can enjoy the majestic views of the Lake of Geneva or just relax before the tour ends back at our meeting.
- Private multilingual wine guide speaking in English, French or German. (Other languages available on request)
- 2 Generous wine tastings directly in the Chateau of Aigle and at a historical Chablais winery
- Vineyard lunch presenting the best of traditional Swiss food
- Chocolate & wine tasting
- Cellar visits
- Luxury transportation
- Entrance fee to the Chateau de Aigle & all venue locations
- Private guided tour of the Vine and Wine Museum
- And More
- Departure from Montreux, Vevey.
- Hotel pick-up possible.
- Time of tour: Minimum 5 hours
- Minimum attendance for each tour to run: 2 people
- Cost of tour: CHF 195 p.p. (based on 6 person occupancy), CHF 285 p.p. (based on 4-5 person occupancy), CHF 600 p.p. based on 2 person occupancy)